Welcome to Nelson Gay, an exquisite 9-bedroom beachfront villa brimming with character and rich history, nestled in one of the most sought-after locations in Barbados. This magnificent estate graces the favored and exclusive West Coast, where its garden gate opens directly onto a breathtaking crescent of flawless coral sand. The calm, sheltered waters create the perfect haven for safe swimming and snorkeling.
This sophisticated coral stone Palladian mansion is set within a lush tropical estate spanning nearly 2 acres, showcasing the timeless beauty of the Grand Palladian style. Situated along a half-mile stretch of pristine sandy beach, guests will relish the idyllic beachfront setting. The villa's meticulously maintained gardens boast a generous, centrally located swimming pool (heated) and a pathway leading directly to the beach. Just on the outskirts of Speightstown, the villa offers a convenient location for shopping and exploring local restaurants.
Originally crafted in the 1950s for a US Ambassador, Nelson Gay stands as a testament to the grand Palladian tradition, constructed entirely of coral stone. Its graceful charm harks back to a bygone era. The north and south wing bedrooms are complemented by two covered terraces, providing additional privacy and comfort. Meanwhile, the open and airy living room boasts soaring 14ft ceilings, adding to the villa's allure.
A haven for families, this villa offers numerous inviting spaces for relaxation and dining, including an elegant garden gazebo complete with a wet bar. A sizable area right in front of the house is roped off with buoys, ensuring a safe area for swimming.
At Nelson Gay, the exceptional staff and villa manager are dedicated to catering to your every need, ensuring a truly rejuvenating family vacation. Upon special request, the villa can accommodate up to 18 guests, making it an ideal choice for unforgettable weddings in Barbados or for hosting multi-generational families and friends.
Master Bedroom 1: King Bed
Master Bathroom: En suite, Shower only, Single Vanity
Master Bedroom 2: King Bed
Master Bathroom 2: Shared bathroom with Bedroom 3, Shower only, Single Vanity
Bedroom 3: Twin Single (2 Twin beds) - Media room transformed into a bedroom; we recommend this room as an option for young children.
Bedroom 3 Bathroom: Shared bathroom with Master Bedroom 2, Shower only, Single Vanity
Bedroom 4 (Erte): Queen Bed
Etre Bathroom: En Suite, Tub/Shower combo, Single Vanity
Bedroom 5 (Green Room): Twin Single (2 Twin beds)
Green Room Bathroom: Tub/Shower combo, En suite, Single Vanity
Bedroom 6 (South Wing): Queen Bed
Bedroom 7 Cottage: King Bed
Cottage Bathroom: Shower Only, En suite, Single Vanity
Bedroom 8 - Chattel House 1: King Bed
Chattel House 1 Bathroom: En Suite, Shower Only, Single Vanity
Bedroom 9 - Chattel House 2: King Bed
Chattel House 2 Bathroom: En Suite, Shower Only, Single Vanity
When you stay at Nelson Gay, you will be personally cared for by our beautiful housekeepers, together with our chef and full-time gardeners. You will feel welcomed and pampered throughout your stay. If you should decide to leave the sanctuary of Nelson Gay, you will find an incredible selection of world-class restaurants just a couple of minutes away.
Our team of staff includes;
• Cook (3 meals per day)
• Housekeeper and Laundress
• Air-Conditioned Bedrooms
• Ceiling Fans
• DVD Player
• Hair Dryer
• Media Room
• Cable TV
• Writing Desk
• Enhanced Cleaning Practices
• Security Safe
• Watersports by request
• Beach Chairs
• Beach Shower
• Quarantine Approved
• Oliver Messel designed a formal dining table that can seat up to 12. In addition to indoor dining, guests may dine on the terrace alfresco, which accommodates dining for up to 18 or in the beachfront dining gazebo.
• Furniture - Child-friendly furniture, slipcovered in Sunbrella/cotton.
• Gazebo set up as a living and seating area, equipped with a wet bar.
• Pool - 50ft x 12ft heated (on request) Italian mosaic-tiled pool.
• Each bedroom is equipped with a safe, a small fridge.
• 42" Plasma TVs in both master bedrooms and 32" Plasma in three other bedrooms.
• 55" Flat Screen TV with surround sound in the media room - Printer, various games, a PlayStation 4, and an extensive
• DVD library over 400 DVDs available to guests.
• First Aid Kit.
• Tennis, gym, and spa at the next-door Cobblers Cove Hotel.
• Portable crib with mosquito net available for guests.
• Gardens - Nearly two acres of mature tropical gardens right on Cobbler's beach, with safe and excellent swimming.
• Snorkels, masks, numerous games, and a small library are also available.
• Nelson Gay is an excellent villa for weddings.
Rates quoted are based on 9-bedroom occupancy for 18 guests. We do also have rates available for the use of fewer bedrooms and people throughout the year, so please email [email protected] for more information. This property has been approved for quarantine stays which are required for guests arriving from high-risk countries. Guests should expect security services cost up to US$125 per night until the second test is received and quarantine lifted.
This villa is a beachfront home. It should be noted that beaches change their shape and size from day to day, week to week and month to month, mainly as a response to seasonal waves, currents and tides. Every effort has been made to depict the beach in front of this property, but temporary changes may occur.